I have something that pops up under my name search on

Customer Question
I have something that...

I have something that pops up under my name search on google. Its a motion in 1998. Naturally the third party who is posting it qill not take it down because it is public record. The question is can a third party post harmful information on the web

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its a copy of an opinion from the courts

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/27/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

are you there

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am afraid that I have information for you that you will not like to hear, but I would not want to mislead you into pursuing something that is not available.

The law permits people to post public information. As long as the information is truthful they may post it. The third party has First Amendment Rights to free speech as long as the speech is truthful.

If they go beyond posting this information and start taking steps to stalk you or harass you you may be able to pursue a criminal or civil complaint for Electronic Stalking and/or harassment. BUT merely posting public information is not preventable.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

I apologize for the delay. It takes me time to type up a complete answer for you.

dont have the funds for a call lost my job because of this

Please ignore the phone call requests. They are sent by the system. We can post like this at no additional cost.

Since you lost your job there is another possible action that you can pursue. Give me a few minutes to write that up for you.

New Jersey has a cause of action (basis to bring a lawsuit) which is called Tortious Interference with Contract.

Essentially it allos a person to sue someone who has intentionally engaged in conduct that causes the person suing to lose business, contracts, economic advantages, and employment.

It is a complicated type of law suit. Fortunately the attorneys who do this kind of work often do so on a contingency basis. This means that there is no fee unless you get an award or settlement.

Also if you were fired for something that happened in 1998 you may have a baisis for a wrongful termination action against your former employer.

I can not say that you definitely have a case, but you have a good reason to consult with a local attorney. The attorneys who handle these cases will consult with you to assess your case for little or no cost.

You can use this link to find an attorney:

https://www.lawyers.com/labor-and-employment/new-jersey/find-law-firms-by-city/

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Kind regards,

Gerald