Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
When the department of education grants a discharge of
Legal Eagle, Attorney
When the department of education grants a discharge of student loans based on disability, they put you on a 3 year monitoring period. If I receive funds from an injury lawsuit, can they come after my … read more
My student loans from Sallie Mae were forgiven due to my
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Juris Doctorate
My student loans from Sallie Mae were forgiven due to my being disabled. Sallie Mae reported this to the IRS as income. I worked out an agreement with the IRS to pay the taxes on this. Sallie Mae then… read more
If a former student is on post disability discharge
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
If a former student is on post disability discharge for Stafford loans with Citibank//Sallie Mae, how does an inheritance effect the discharge. The Nelnet discharge reviews say you need only report ea… read more
I filed for bankruptcy and my student loan was listed and dismissed
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
I filed for bankruptcy and my student loan was listed and dismissed in Bankruptcy. I received a hardship medical discharge of my student loans. After the students loans were dismissed, is there a way … read more
I was involved in a personal injury claim that rendered me
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I was involved in a personal injury claim that rendered me disabled. I am no longer able to complete my schooling, but now have college loans that must be paid back. Is the other party responsible?… read more
My daughter has federal loans for college and jobs are scarce.
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Senior Counsel
My daughter has federal loans for college and jobs are scarce. Being unable to pay, how do you get them to back off. Or make the loans go away.… read more
My son is 38 years old and has been paying on a $17,000.00
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My son is 38 years old and has been paying on a $17,000.00 student loan with Stephens & Henagar's for approximately 12 years. Upon applying for entrance, he missed an answer on a test that was overloo… read more
Are work comp lawsuit settlement funds from a car accident
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Are work comp lawsuit settlement funds from a car accident that are for wage and medical and that are not claimable as income for taxes and that happen 7 years after divorce was final need to be claim… read more
Its my understanding that in the case of permanent disability
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
It's my understanding that in the case of permanent disability federal student loans are dismissable. I live in Michigan, I'm permanently disabled and have applied to have my graduate student loans di… read more
I am totally disabled, and on public assistance, SSI and SS
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
I am totally disabled, and on public assistance, SSI and SS retirement. I had registered for school and was unable to finish because of health problems. My health problems advanced. Can I get a forgiv… read more
My son has been permanently disabled since birth. Because physical
A.J.
A.J., Attorney
My son has been permanently disabled since birth. Because physical labor is something he is not capable of, he went to college with the help of student loans. Is there any relief available to him thro… read more
How long can a defaulted student loan stay with you. I have
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
How long can a defaulted student loan stay with you. I have had this student loan for 8 years now, with my income tax refund being taken by them for the past 3 years.… read more
workmen compensation law is figured on a point system. How
Ray, Lawyer
workmen compensation law is figured on a point system. How is the points established for this system, or can you point me in the direction of how this point system is established?… read more
My wife recently passed away while at her job- Knox County
CALawyer
CALawyer, Attorney
My wife recently passed away while at her job- Knox County Health Dept. What are we entitled to as a death benefit from workman's comp ?… read more
I recieved a student loan in 1974. I then had an accident that
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I recieved a student loan in 1974. I then had an accident that put me in a wheel chair and could not finish my studies. Over the years since then I have tried to work at different occupations but have… read more
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 33 years old. Back in March
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney/Principal
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 33 years old. Back in March I had to leave my job and apply for SSD due to my Cystic Fibrosis. I was approved for SSD and also have Long Term Disability Insurance vi… read more
My husband was injured at work 1 year ago and it is time ...
Ray, Lawyer
My husband was injured at work 1 year ago and it is time for workman''s comp to settle. We would like to know a rough estimate of a serious broken heel that has left him with 40% scheduled loss of use… read more
I was in a motor vehicle accident 8/31/06 during work ...
Medicine&Law
Medicine&Law, Nurse Practitioner
I was in a motor vehicle accident 8/31/06 during work time I am 61 years old with a cardiac history. (2 stents in my heart) I was hit by another driver who was charged with being at fault. this driver… read more