Can i get a court order to get my husband's text mesages…

Customer Question
Can i get a...

Can i get a court order to get my husband's text mesages from verizon

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

NH

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

It was not issued

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am just trying to get an idea if that is even legaly possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

If you have a lawsuit filed, including a divorce, you can get a subpoena to get the text messages for as far back as the company has them.

Most of the companies don't retain text messages for very long though, just a few months.

On what ground I can request the court order for the texts ? I am just suspecting off him cheating, I do not have a solid proof. He is denying it. The phone is in his own name ( his business name).

You don't have to give grounds if you are in a lawsuit. You just subpoena the records. If he objects and moves to quash the subpoena then you tell the judge you suspect adultery and that should be good enough because discovery just needs to be calculated to lead to the discovery of relevant facts, which this obviously is.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney