My husband called a company about putting a heating and air…

Customer Question
My husband called a...

My husband called a company about putting a heating and air unit in. The rep. came by and we applied for a loan on line. The next morning the company put in the unit. I never gave them permission to do this. No contract was signed, as a matter of fact we got a letter from the company saying they denied our credit but the unit was already in. A few days later we got a fed ex package.wanting a signature approving the work. I feel pressured. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nashville, Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No and I refuse to sign. Since the actual credit will be in my name what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I gave them permission to run my credit not to put in the unit.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

If there is no signed contract, you will want to send them a demand letter by certified mail, informing them that you did not approve the installation and that you want them to remove the unit. You should give them a deadline to respond to the letter and a deadline to remove the unit. The letter should also inform them that if they do not respond by the deadline and if they do not remove by the second deadline that you will contract a third-party to remove the unit at their expense and charge them a storage fee for each day that they do not pick up the unit.

This should get their attention and they should remove their unit and take it.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

I appreciate you help but how do I get my unit back?
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

Apologies, did not realize that they took your unit.

Include in the demand letter that they must return your unit and that if they refuse to return your unit, you will to file suit against them.

Sorry I can't pay anymore at the momen
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

The offer for a live phone call was automatically generated by the JustAnswer website, not me. I prefer to save you money, if possible, and answer all your questions through this chat. If at the end of our conversation you feel that a live phone call would be beneficial, we can set it up at that time.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.