Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Do I stand a good chance of forcing him off title based on

numerous promises made to me...
Do I stand a good chance of forcing him off title based on numerous promises made to me and validated by other brother that "he just wants to manipulate me"? He's trying to get me not to sue his wife for 250,000 that she stole from my father. My other brother is willing to testify to that. In addition he has 500,000 in demand notes to my father. He's trying to make me sign a "no sue agreement. Is that leagally binding? He basically blackmailing me.
9/26/2017
Loren, Attorney

No, those promises or manipulations are not really relevant to force him off title.

What you have in your favor is that the right of partition is a statutory right which you can assert for any reason (or no reason), unless you have waived the right of partition.

Since partition is an equitable remedy you will want to retain an attorney to represent you in court. It is not simple litigation.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good knowledge
You are very welcome.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you!
Loren, Attorney
Phone call session started
Loren, Attorney