My truck is only 8,900 lbs but we were ticketed for no motor…

Customer Question
My truck is only...

My truck is only 8,900 lbs but we were ticketed for no motor carrier permit on file? Isn't that needed for larger trucks?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I went to court yesterday on the ticket and they want me back Monday with a lawyer because I am a corp.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, an MCP is needed if you are transporting property and if your vehicle ways 10,001 pounds or more=, if you are operating hazardous materials, or if you have a motor truck/trailer combo, semitrailer, pole/pipe dolly, auxiliary dolly, or logging dolly that's longer than 40 feet. Otherwise, if your vehicle is only 8,900 pounds, then you do not need an MCP. I would strongly consider clicking here to find out the specifics according tot he CA DMV about whether your specific vehicle somehow meets that definition and if it does not, you should fight the ticket.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.