I have a dispute with an advertising agency and have not…

Customer Question
I have a dispute...

I have a dispute with an advertising agency and have not paid the bill. They are threatening to send the bill to a collection agency. Should I pay and then take them to small claims court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

CA It started in Jan of 2017 and I filed a complaint with BBB in June. Th

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I sent a letter to the company with my complaints in late June and they did not reply

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/26/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Yes, in general it's best to pay and then file a small claims suit to recover what you believe you should be refunded. This is preferred because it ensures that you will not have an unpaid debt reported to the credit bureaus, which obviously will harm your credit.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.