I got a speeding ticket in northshore in mass i appealled…

Customer Question
I got a speeding ticket...
I got a speeding ticket in northshore in mass i appealled ticket at magerstate hearing the trooper and the cop prosecuter did not show i was found not responsible but the trooper called in when i was at hearing and gotvan appeal i dont understand thsts crazy i got a denovo hearing in mail
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
The trooper called in at the last minute can they do that the clerk went in my favor
The trooper had to go to a freinds coworkers funeral
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Unfortunately the court does have discretion in granting a continuance if the request is received before a final judgment is entered. That sounds like what happened here. I wish I could tell you something different but that would be misleading to you and maight create a larger problem for you.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gersld i am confused can yiu explain to me it was a nagerstrate hearing not a judge hearing at the hearing nobody showed up it was me and the clerk ibwas found not responsible but the clerk told me the cop called in and ask forcan appeal now i have to go back thats crazy pleadmse exlplain van they dobthat

I see that you requested a phone call.

For some reason payment did not go through for the call. That happens sometimes. Please call customer service at 1(###) ###-####.

OR We can continue to post at no additional charge.

The Magistrate performs the function of the judge. The Clerk does not have the authority to make any final decisions. Only the court does (judge or magistrate). When the trooper contacted the clerk and told him why he was missing the court date that information was given to the court by the clerk. The court then granted the additional time for the trooper.

I am sorry that they did this to you, but they do have the authority to do so. If you do not return to court they will find you guilty.

If you do return then you may be able to persuade the court to dismiss. If the trooper fails to show again they will not give him a third chance.