Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can a plain clothes county sheriff ride around with a drug

can a plain clothes county sheriff ride around with a drug dealer in the same car and sell dope
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Missouri and this was 13 years ago was an old mazda mabey 1997
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no but I still get constant harassment and ive been clean for 6 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: after he sold too me I got pulled over three mounths later for drug parfnella

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Yes. An officer who is undercover can sell drugs as part of a "sting" or other types of undercover operations, I am afraid. The old myth of "you have to tell me that you're an officer" is not true.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.