I have a house guest who refuses to leave. Texas. I filed a…

Customer Question
I have a house...

I have a house guest who refuses to leave

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I filed a notice of eviction with the Constable soffice last Friday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I spoke with a legal assistant today. She informed me that since my guest is a border rather than a tenant that a notice by the Constable's office to evict was not even necessary. However the guest is now wanting access to my home and has threatened to call the police. She has also indicated usage of my home address on her driver's license as well as receiving mail at my home. I just learned this moments ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

How long has the person lived there?

.

Do they have their personal property there as well as get their mail there?

.

Have you given the person any type of written notice to vacate?

..

,.

thanks