I do have a lien on my house since 2005,related to a

Customer Question
I do have a...

I do have a lien on my house since 2005,related to a conviction wired fraudand conspiacy,i did end my sentence in 10 months with 5 years probation,need to knoe if proper

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Need to know if there is any way to geg rid of this lean

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Do you have to repay money as part of the conviction plea/decision?

i did pay some and they where around 500666 pending ,they where tide to other 3 people involve .s,so anyone to pay that amount,after my probation ,the officer send fine amount to irs

Thank you for your call request. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and the first available expert calls. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

That you. If there is an amount outstanding, then it is not unusual for the federal government to lien assets as part of collection efforts. It sounds like this was a federal conviction, so if so, this is common, I am afraid. So if you still owe money (even if your punishment phase is over), the federal government can lien your assets. This is what they are doing, it seems.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

k

Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer... Again, thank you for not shooting the messenger, in advance.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

my main question is if there is any chance to get rid of lean or what ill we happenafter year of lean due end
iam waiting for answer,please

I am afraid not. The lien will stay. It cannot be discharged by a bankruptcy since it is because of a conviction. However once/if the amount is repaid, the lien will be lifted.

Ely, Counselor at Law