I need phone records and I was told by my cell phone carrier…

Customer Question
I need phone records...
I need phone records and I was told by my cell phone carrier that I cannot get them unless I have a subpoena. How do I go about getting that and how much would it cost me
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. At the risk of oversimplifying your answer, generally, you can request a subpoena if you are actively involved in litigation with another party. You can make a request to the court for a subpoena by stating the facts, and what information you suspect to be found from the records. If you are not actively involved in any litigation (what I mean is that if there is no current lawsuit in progress), then you won’t be able to get a subpoena from the court. Subpoenas are only tied to actions currently filed in court.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.