I have a ministers license and would like to visit a friend…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a ministers license and would like to visit a friend in the Lane County Jail. Since I have not visited the jail before, I don't know the rules. I assume he would need (or someone) would need to approve the visit?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry - Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not spoken with his lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm a friend as well. Josh knows me but I've never been his person clergyman

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 10 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

First let me say what a nice thing it is you're doing visiting your friend. Having spent time at the jails visiting inmates, it can be a tough and lonely place, and seeing a friendly face definitely helps.

Here are the rules for the Lane County jail for visitation. Your friend would first have to have completed the classification process at the jail and then would have to submit a form for visitation approval with your information on it.

You are encouraged to call the jail (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. excluding holidays) at(###) ###-####every week as the time and day of the visit can change. When you go, you will need to have identification with you and of course will have to go through security/a metal detector.

If you require any additional information or clarification, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING and I'm happy to help you further. Otherwise, kindly remember to click on the stars at the top of the page to leave me a positive rating. You may be unaware, but experts are not employees of this site and receive no salary. We answer questions in good faith that customers will reciprocate in kind by leaving a positive rating so that a portion of their deposit is released to us as payment. Thank you.