Is there any time limits on collecting on a judgement? The…

Customer Question
Is there any time...

Is there any time limits on collecting on a judgement? The judgement is from 2010 and it seems it has left a lawyer in my state and been transferred to a lawyer in New York.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South CArolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was filed in court of common pleas and in their favor 2010

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received copies from each year of an order adding more interest since 2011

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon
Liens and the right to collect a judgment stays in effect for 10 years, starting from the date of the judgment. So if it was entered in 2010 then it is collectible and accrues interest every year for 10 years.South Carolina allows interest to accrue annually on a judgment until it is collected in full.This is termed the "legal rate of interest." South Carolina State law sets the interest rate as the prime rate plus four percentage points.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask