Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Non Compete Agreement in the State of California reads... -

Non Compete Agreement in the State of California reads... - Any or all business' in Transportation, Logistics & Warehousing within 5 local surrounding counties from employer's business'
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: FT
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. Thanks

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Non-compete agreements in California are void as a matter of public policy. It doesn't matter what the terms are, any agreement that prevents you from working after leaving your employer is not valid. Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code, Section 16600. The only exception would be if you were an owner of the business selling your interest.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.