Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Credit One Bank of Las Vegas, NV issued a credit card to me

Customer Question

Credit One Bank of Las Vegas, NV issued a credit card to me without authorization. The card was never mailed. Yet, I have received billings for it and they have attached late payment fees to the account which was not authorized by me, ever. I have discovered this bank is a ;predatory bank which has conductred itself criminally for the past 10 years, at least, with no action on the part of the federal government other than from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency to order the bank to resolve the issue. This stupid bank then, several years later, sells those closed accounts to a credit collection company which attempts to collect a debt no one owes.I want to sue this outfit for mail fraud, bank fraud, and outrageous and wanton conduct.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in New Mexico. The bank is in Nevada
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Not a Yes. Sent a letter of demand for $25000 today.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is a predatory bank, this is normal procedure for them and should easily be a class action suit.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this?