We do need help. Georgia. This was a "living Trust" that…

Customer Question
We do need help ...

We do need help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was a "living Trust" that became irrevocable in 2008 there are only 2 named beneficiaries and under the conditions the will is to "provide for them. No where in the trust does anyone ever get assets free-and-clear. However, there are family members "DEMANDING" that I transfer all assets and property or they will sue me. I do have "Fiduciary". Basically my question is... Do I have to sign over assets or resign as Trustee?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.

? I'm sorry I do not know what a one off question is

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. The terms of the trust agreement control; not the beneficiaries. Although you can never prevent someone from filing a suit, the beneficiaries would not prevail in any demand that you distribute the trust assets to them or to resign as trustee. The grantor of the trust set up the trust and the trust provisions contain his/her intentions and appointed you the trustee because he/she trusted you. As long as you adhere to the terms of the trust in your administration of the trust, the beneficiaries cannot force you to resign or cannot force you to distribute assets to them.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Good evening. Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard