I am in a diversion program and have completed treatment and…

Customer Question
Hello, I am in...

Hello, I am in a diversion program and have completed treatment and am almost ready to have the interlock system out of my car. I am having problems with my interlock device provider and need some help. My device has not recorded any alcohol but was in a lockout due to me not shutting off my car accidentally. (It is a push button start and I carry the key in my purse). My concern is that I am scheduled to have this removed on Oct. 3rd. and I think the Interlock company will want to extend this for another 90 days which will affect my job opportunities. Please help if you can. Thanks, ***** ***** Haider(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, you are my first contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that my evaluator said that the courts are fine with everything that I have done, but it is up to the Interlock company

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If this happened one time and it was the result of having a push button start car, you can appeal any extension to DMV, since the interlock is a DMV requirement. If there have been no alcohol violations, typically DMV realizes these types of malfunctions and errors occur as these devices were never designed for the new technology of remote starters and push button starters. If all they have is you did not turn the car off in time, this is appealable and in most all cases DMV will disregard one violation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.