I have A ring that I took in to get detached from the band…

Customer Question
Hello I have...

Hello I have A ring that I took in to get detached from the band and when I get the ring back it was defaced so I refused it and they said they could fix it. However when I got it back the second time they had smooth it down on both sides defacing the design totally. They said all we can fix that so they sent back to the jeweler and your jeweler attempted to put the design back not using gold using mash then an overlay of gold I think. According to conversations and texting I also supplied them with photos of the rain but the job that they had done was terrible and I refuse the ring. This one cost over $3100

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

What are my options because they cannot make this right. I did not take possession of the ring

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I am in Winterhaven Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have contacted the jewelry store which it came from in Indiana

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 10 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Are they demanding money, or are simply wiling to give the ring back?

2) Approximately how much is the damage to the ring will be to fix?