My husband has a felony for theft and we have a cruise set…

Customer Question
My husband has a...

My husband has a felony for theft and we have a cruise set for late October. He is still on probation and reports to a PO once a month. We did not get a passport because we weren't thinking. He was just planning on showing his birth certificate. Will he be denied from boarding

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. A felony/probation does not disallow a passport. So he can still get one if he wants to - there are companies that will expedite a passport. He should make sure it is okay to go with the PO however, but the PO will likely okay it.

He can still board with a birth certificate and ID, but he won't be able to disembark for any ports during the trip.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law