My Mom Lived in Ewing Independent Living for 9yrs. New

Customer Question
My Mom Lived in...

My Mom Lived in Ewing Independent Living for 9yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Jersey she passed and they are making her pay for carpet. I Cleaned the apartment and had professional cleaning people to come in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I spoke with the Owner of the building and she referred me to management.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they do this

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

No, they cannot charge her estate for the carpet if the carpet just had ordinary wear and tear. They cannot charge her for basically using the carpet as intended for nine years. So, you can refuse to pay for the charge and let them take the matter to Court.

Goodluck with your case,