I,am on social security, and was getting ssi up till june…

Customer Question
I,am on social security...

I,am on social security, and was getting ssi up till june 2017 i was only getting 39.00 a month, they said i had countable resourcesworth more then 2,000.00 so then they said i had to spend i and buy someing or i had to give to ***** my lawer said to by a car that i needed because mine was old and having trouble with it, so not to give it to SOCIAL SECURITY i bout a car with the money i had, now they are saying they over payed me and took my 39.00away witch i need to pay bills with. i only get 716.00 on SOCIAL SECURITY, how can you over pay someone when you only get 39.00 SSI A MONTH . shirley wiley

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Dayton oh the old car or the one i just got.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I yes the SOCIAL SECURITY sent me a letter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No , but the SOCIAL SECURITY never said how long they was going to take my SSI A WAY HOW MANY MONTHS,.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Your questions sound more rhetorical than what you would really want to know. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Also, when did you receive the letter saying they are taking your SSI away?

What type of Social Security are you still being paid?