Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband just got out of a rehabilitation hospital. he has…

My husband just got...

My husband just got out of a rehabilitation hospital. he has mild alzheimers or dementia. I was told that I cannot put my house in my childrens name and give it to them or any monies that we have saved cannot be given to them because of Pensylvania 5 year law. there must be a way I can give them monies now..Can I just take it out of the bank now and can I change the title on the house and put it in their names?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, no papers or anything that I know of. The only papers would be from the rehabilitation home where he was admitted from the hospital with a case of e-coli and was sent there to help with his legs and back. could there be something else I could be missing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if there is anyway i can sell my home or change the names on it and to protect or give my kids the money that i have been saving for them all my life. Is there such a thing as a tax lawyer that could help. i feel like im at a dead end. i do have my husband at home now

9/25/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

There are ways you can shield your assets.You need a NAELA elder lawyer.The National Academy of Elder Lawyers specialize in this estate planning.You need to do this now so they have a bit of time here.

Here is a list of approved lawyers that can help you shelter these funds.

http://www.paela.info/find-an-attorney/

You need the lawyer to help you avoid medicaid penalties and shelter these funds.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight, sorry you are having to deal with this.

Ray, Lawyer
thank you, ***** ***** your help

You are so welcome.

Ray, Lawyer