What are the consequences for charging back transactions…

Customer Question
What are the consequences...

What are the consequences for charging back transactions from online gambling?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported to my bank and they approved my charge backs and refunded the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this confidential?

Lawyer's Assistant: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Lawyer's and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.

Ok.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
If a transaction is fraudulent, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act the cardholder is only liable for up to $50. The card company will not charge the consumer for more than thay, and generally if the transaction is reported right away the card holder will have no liability.If the transaction is valid and the consumer wrongfully reported it as fraud then the card compay can reverse the credit and charge the card holder. They may also report it to law enforcement as fraud or close the account for fraudulent activity.
I have reported it fraudulently I suppose. What should I do now?
I'm not looking to spend any more money unfortunately. I can't do the call for 59
That is an auto generated call and I am not set up for that so we can continue here.
We cannot give legal advice such as advising one particular course of action over another. If a person pays off the charge and does not admit to guilt the credit card comapny may not report it to law enforcement since there would be no monetary damages. But that depends on the policy of the company.
Charge back fraud is typically not prosecuted because fraud requires intent, and a subjective state of mind is difficult to prove.
I charged back 2800 form one casino and 1800 from another. I am nervous.
They mentioned the state police.
But my bank reversed the charges.
The casinos are sending me collection letters and calling.
Theft of services is a crime. If they are mentioning contacting the local authorities it is best to hire a criminal attorney who may be able to arrange reimbursement of the funds along with a release and confidentiality agreement.
Do you think they will go to collections or I could contact them and make a plan to pay back over tine
time
It really depends on their poilicy. Most companies will allow for a payment plan, while others will even discount a lump sum payment. But it varied by company and is not regulated by the law.
Okay. Thank you.
You are most welcome. I certainly wish you the best on this.
Further questions please post here. Otherwise kindly rate positively if no further questions. All information is to be used for educational purposes only and is not legal advice.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer