Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I live in Arkansas and my husband has put a recorder in my

I live in Arkansas and my husband has put a recorder in my vehicle and a tracker on my vehicle is this legal ? And has a PI following me and videoing me, is this legal ?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Arkansas 2015
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's a good start ty

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Is your husband's name on the title? Did the PI put the tracker in the car or did your husband?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
his name is ***** ***** title
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
He put one and the pi put one

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, if he is on the title he has not violated any laws in having a tracker installed. This is true even if you are on the title and did not consent.

Likewise, he can legally consent to a PI placing a tracker on his car.

So, the short answer is that no laws were broken in what you describe.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you pursuing a claim without legal basis.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.