My husband got a DUI friday night. It's his first, would it…

Customer Question
My husband got a...

My husband got a DUI friday night. It's his first, would it help at all with the court if he started with AA meeting prior to his court date?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

Denton,Texas. I just bailed him out of jail yesterday and they told us that we would receive paperwork with his court date in the mail in the next week or so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I'm aware of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His breathalyzer was 0.15.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/24/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Absolutely! Judges like to see a defendant who takes some responsibility for his offense and who takes proactive steps to help solve the problem. At some point the court or probation would be likely to suggest he get into a program such as AA anyway.

It's a good move.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.