Can I cancel a contract for a roofing job within 3 days in…

Customer Question
Can I cancel a...

Can I cancel a contract for a roofing job within 3 days in Oregon?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It is an aquaintance that we have the contract with

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We cancelled our contract with someone that was going to do our roof in Oregon within 3 days. He said he was getting a lawyer and we were responsible for the days he blocked out to do the work and for not breaking the contract. On the contract we had put that he needed to show proof of insurance which he did not have insurance for doing a roof. I told him I would look into our insurance and see if it covered him.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/24/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

There is more. I
paid him the first $2500.00 for supplies. He started to order them I asked him to cancel and for money back when I found out my insurance would not cover him either.

Response: Yes, if the contract was signed at your home. Otherwise, you only have till the end of the next business day to cancel the contract. See Oregon Revised Statutes Chapter 701 Section 701.310. Nonetheless, if the contractor is required to be insured but he does not have coverage, then you can cancel the contract because the contractor has not fulfilled his part of the agreement.

Hello, I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer.

I have posted my answer to your question.

Thank you for your help

You are quite Welcome!

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Also, this link for additional information:

http://www.oregon.gov/CCB/homeowner/Pages/written-contract.aspx

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law