Is it legal for the US government is asking me to pay back…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for the US government is asking me to pay back shipping fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tina My state is Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Nothing yet. But I want to because I'm being told that I got to pay back $280 in shipping charges.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, these shipping charges were created when I send stuff to my ex-boyfriend overseas (military).

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/24/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did you learn that you had to pay shipping fees? That is, who contacted you and how? What are you being asked to do?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.