I was wondering if it's legal to open up an LLC business…

Customer Question
Hi I was wondering...

Hi I was wondering if it's legal to open up an LLC business inside Westonhills, Weston FL at home? Do I need specific documents? Or ask the home owners association if it is okay to open a Computer repair shop LLC at home in Westonhills?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Westonhills is the community I live in and no not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope it's just that.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Hi I was wondering if it's legal to open up an LLC business inside a community called Westonhills, in Weston, FL at my own home? Do I need specific documents? Or ask the home owners association if it is okay to open a Computer repair shop LLC at my own home in Westonhills?
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, the answer to your question is yes, you can open an LLC at home in Florida. YOu will need some specific documents to file with the Division of Corporations, but you do not need to usually get the permission of the HOA, unless you specifically said that you would not open up any business in your home. Regardless, if you did, it wouldn't be illegal, just a potential breach of your contract. What I would recommend is going to a place like Legalzoom.com and finding the necessary documents to open your LLC in FL. If you click here, you can see exact the forms that you will need to form a FL LLC. Also, I would check your HOA bylaws just to make sure that what you're doing won't cost you a fine in the future.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.