Where do I get a a stipulated agreement? In California. My…

Customer Question
Where do I get...

Where do I get a a stipulated agreement?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My car was taken by the police and impounded

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No 30 day hold on it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A stipulated agreement for who and for what? These agreements are all case specific when attorneys write them from scratch so stipulated agreements for everything are not just blank templates.

For an impounded vehicle
No 30 day hold on it.

Thank you for your clarification.

You do not write a stipulated vehicle release agreement, it is something that the police impound issues upon certain criteria being met. You need to go to the police impound and prove:

1.Registered Owner(s)only has/have one vehicle registered to them
2.The Registered Owner(s) was/were not driving at the time of tow
3.The Registered Owner(s) has/have a valid license

If you prove ALL of the above to the police at the impound lot, they issue you a stipulated vehicle release and release the vehicle to you under CA law.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.