My truck was towed any and all paper work to prove owner…

My truck was towed...

My truck was towed any and all paper work to prove owner ship is in the truck in box in the back of the truck and the owner of the truck is dead so I can't prove that the truck is mine the registration fees are too high I can't afford to pay that and it took us a little therefore they can keep the truck I just want my things my tools my paperwork in the back of the truck and other things it won't let me have them and I have my name on it I have paperwork to the truck with my name on it in a box in the back do I have any rights

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

How do I do that

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Good old California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The police won't give me any report on it because I'm not the owner and I told truck company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the tow truck company told me if I brought my ID down it would let me in the yard then they change their minds and then they call the cops on me so I left they were very rude they were very rude I googled them and they're a bad towards our company name is***** towing Fontana

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The problem is that if the truck is not in your name, they cannot allow you to enter the vehicle to remove property. In order to remove any property from the truck if it is not in your name, you would need a court order to prove to the court you have rights to the truck and contents. Without that proof or court order, they cannot simply let anyone into the vehicle I am sorry to say.

So you have right to go to court to file for a petition for replevin (the name of the suit to get personal property returned) and you have to prove ownership and ask the court to issue an order to return your property to you. That is the only other way to recover your property if the truck is not in your name.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I said I have my things in the truck I have bills and other paper work in a box in the back that also took my air hose that was on the ground running from not my truck to my suburban parts to my suburban I am back in the truck
My name is ***** ***** truck that have all my personal info
Phone call session started

It was a pleasure speaking with you.