My grown daughter has been living with us rent-free for nine…

My grown daughter has...

My grown daughter has been living with us rent-free for nine months. She is now using meth, has stolen a lot of money from us through forging checks, and I do not feel safe with her here. I'm going to try for a restraining order on Monday but I want to write an eviction notice now. Can you tell me anything about the amount of notice required in such a situation (in Oregon)?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon. She was arrested for the check fraud yesterday and was released on "general release" last night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, it's the weekend! I

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The sheriff's office told me that the only ways I can get her out are through an eviction notice that will take 6-8 weeks or a restraining order. But when I started looking up tenant law it looks as if I can give her shorter notice than 30 days, so I'm confused. Thank you!

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can try for a restraining order here but to evict you have to give 30 days written notice and then file eviction suit.She was a guest so month to month since she did not have lease or other rental agreement.

Here are forms use the 30 day version.

http://www.simplifyem.com/forms/oregon-notice-to-quit

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.If you can get a court order here you can do this quicker, see if thats possible.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and good luck here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you so much. I will start the 30-day notice process and also try for restraining order on Monday.

You are so welcome.Good luck here.Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Ray, Lawyer