Is the statement" any clause contained within this lease…

Customer Question
Is the statement "...

Is the statement " any clause contained within this lease declared to invalid by law shall not invalidate the reminder of these therefore: this lease constitutes a binding agreement forcable by law, execution by both parties acknowldeges full acceptance of all terms and conditions herin by all parties" legal at the end of a lease agreement?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 10 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

Although the language isn't as "clean" as I would expect it to be (I think they mean enforceable by law, not forcable) yes, this is a standard clause seen in contracts. All it basically means is that if any provision of the lease is found to be invalid, the rest of the lease shall still be considered enforceable. To put it another way, one or two bad clauses wouldn't invalidate the entire lease agreement.