Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What is GCVEF? GEORGIA. I just need to know what those

What is GCVEF?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: GEORGIA.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just need to know what those initials mean.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes is it legal to have someone pay a fee that has been banned?

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It stands for Georgia Crime Victims Emergency Fund.

Crime Victim Compensation Program

The Criminal Justice Coordinating Council administers the Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program, which helps victims and their families through the emotional and physical aftermath of a crime by easing the monetary impact placed upon them by providing financial benefits for expenses such as medical bills, loss of earnings, funeral expenses, mental health counseling, and crime scene clean-up.

There are fees charged as part of a plea deal or probation that fund this for victims of crime.They may have medical or funeral or similar expenses as a crime victim.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
What fee has been banned from the PO from collecting ?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No phone calls!

The PO can collect this as part of probation if not already paid in the plea or elsewhere.Make sure they aren't double charging you here.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
There was a fee declared not justified here in Georgia ,I need to know what that fee was for? Trying to understand why my grandson is being charged money for !

If you will look under Supervision Services Inc, GCVEF as a search they set out the fees for this.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok, Thank you.

You are so welcome, thanks.