My daughter and I have received a summons about her student…

My daughter and I...

My daughter and I have received a summons about her student loan. She had been working on a consolidation plan but it appears to not have gone through. What are our options

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure we received the Citation today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here are answer forms. She needs to file a response here and make them prove up the debt.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/texas-defendants-original-answer-af-82434/

If they are able to get a judgment they can levy on her bank accounts.So she would want to get funds out of her name.Any non exempt assets here like jet ski, boat, rv, and trailer can be seized and sold.

But file the answer here and see if she can negotiate something she can afford as far as payments.These are her next steps.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Thank you so it's best to secure an attorney to keep from having assets siezed.

Yes or get them out of her name.They haven't got a judgment she has some time to do this.Make her judgment proof.They cannot garnish wages here in Texas.