My state is Texas. This question is relative to automobile…

My state is Texas....
My state is Texas. This question is relative to automobile insurance and not a traffic inquiry. I drive my son's truck (he moved to Louisiana). The title is in my son's name; however, I carry liability insurance in my name on the truck. plus, I carry an endorsement for comprehensive on nonowned vehicles to cover others' vehicles or rentals. When I recently inquired about a claim on the truck that I drive, I was advised by State Farm that the endorsement did not apply to the truck that I am driving because liability coverage is in my name. Is this correct? To me, a nonowned vehicle is a nonowned vehicle...
9/23/2017
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

That was a part of the insurance policy language at one point. If I remember correctly it was contained in the definitions section.

However, several of the newer policies I've read lately didn't have the same language so you would need to read the two policies together to see if either of them contain an exclusion. The law itself doesn't establish this exclusion by statute so it would only be correct if the policy language provides this.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Looking
Thank you; this answers it...

Did it have the exclusion in the definitions?

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

excluded because I have been driving for more than 30 days before incident...

All right. If I remember correctly that is what it used to say, generally. My feeling is that this varies by insurance company.