If a party is granted a judgment, how does he have to serve…

Customer Question
if a party is granted...
if a party is granted a judgment, how long does he have to serve it on the debtor? and if he never serves it, is it still good???
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The judgment in CA is valid for 10 years and may be renewed every 10 years. The judgment is effective against the judgment debtor even if the judgment is never actually served on the judgment debtor. The judgment creditor can file within 10 years to renew the judgment for another 10 years.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.