A friend has been notified that she is the beneficiary of a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] A friend has...
Second opinion] A friend has been notified that she is the beneficiary of a certificate of deposit the bank is stating that in order to withdraw the funds she must apply for a certificate of ownership of the account is this correctJA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.Customer: She is in Jamaica Im in BermudaJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: Reported whereJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Is your friend an internet contact whom you have never met in person? Is she an online romance who has enlisted your aid in providing her with money to clear this deposit? What's the website for the bank? What's the name of the lawyer and where is he practicing?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

the matter has been resolved ...thanks for reaching out

Great. I hope it resolved favorably.