Frontier is a TV, internet, and phone provider. They bought…

Customer Question
Frontier is a TV...

Frontier is a TV, internet, and phone provider. They bought out Verizon Fios of which I was a customer. Last March my contract was going to be ending, so I called in February to get a new contract as I wanted to not have overlap in the billing. I wanted to keep the same pmt, they said I would loose 6-7 channels to keep the payment the same, which was fine with me. The new payment was going to be $107.50 plus tax. I could live with that. every month since its higher, I'd call they would adjust it, tell me how much to pay, I'd send a check. Next moth higher again. yesterday the bill came it was $463.00. I am one in the household with one TV and no extras (TV, Phone, Internet) . Had them on the phone last night and Eric the rep says that back in July I was getting billed for 2 program lineups instead of one, it was removed. He would try and get all but $175.00 credited to my act. Mind you my bill is suppose to be $107.50 plus tax. It will take a week he tells me to let the supervisors see if they can remove all the overages.. I live in Florida, we just had a hurricane go threw my county. I got a number to a Frontier store in Port Richey Fl, 2 hrs from my home, this being the closest. Lisa said after pulling up my bill that back in July their computer made a glich and erased some peoples programing , and mine was one of the lucky ones. How in heavens name can I get out from under this bill?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Read the above, i already typed it

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Manufacturer of what

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I put everything about my problem in the above text

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. This appears to be a classic breach of contract because they have charged you more than you had originally agreed to and cannot justify the increase of charges. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. This could include all of the additional money that you have been paid, minus any credits that they applied to your bill already. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. In particular, you may want to contact your local department of consumer affairs as well because if this is happening to you, it’s also happening to other people. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.