Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Question. I am a victim of Domestic crimes by my Ex. DOJ/DCI

called the Sheriff’s Office and...
Question. I am a victim of Domestic crimes by my Ex. DOJ/DCI called the Sheriff’s Office and request my case reopened and properly investigated. A Lieutenant was commanding officer, investigating officer was a SGT.As it were I was never interviewed, my evidence to crimes reviewed. There are no official reports my case ever investigated, my case was immediately closed.A falsified report was written by the SGT and SGT and Lieutenant handed falsified report to DCI/DCI Special agent.DOJ Special agent now knows he received a falsified report, Sheriff’s office committing Obstruction to Justice.Due to all acts I lost all Victim Rights, access to any Domestic Violence Shelter services, all processes of the court systems, Equal Protection of the Law.Today properly documented crimes continue and I can no longer call 911.My question, as a citizen can I rightfully file a complaint report against the SGT and Lieutenant not investigating my case, a falsified report handed to DOJ.
I am from Wisconsin
9/23/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can do two things.

First, you can file a complaint to the police department internal affairs division and if they do not have one then to the chief of police. They are responsible for investigating police misconduct of this nature, not the DOJ, as police reporting is a discretionary action to each police department and any complaints of improper reporting is done by the agency.

Second, and most important to you, is you can file a lawsuit against your ex for the abuse, since you have evidence that you have been the victim of the abuse and seek money damages and an order of protection against him. If you prove in your civil suit that he committed abuse against you, then that would entitle you to the victim services and domestic violence victim benefits.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Well my full story, DOJ Victim Resource has my story, my Ex committing crimes---they have my recordings, proving 3 falsified repots. One report was given to DOJ agent--long story--DOJ/ Victim Resource Center did an action investigation on one deputy who wrote two falsified reports and questioned Deputy why I never received my Victim Rights. Deputy states because there were no crime. Victim Resource knows my recordings will prove he is lying. I am to receive a cover letter form Victim Resource Deputy's response and I must sign and send to Crime Victims Rights Board. A closed meeting will take place determining if there is probable cause I lost my victim rights--based on my recordings the answer will be yes falsified reports were made--Deputy Lied to DOJ, Victim Rights Resource Center. In the interim I have been encouraged indirectly by Victims Rights Resource to file complaints against officer in my home, my recording prove three falsified report--Four weeks ago I filed four complaints against three officers. However I did not file one on a Lieutenant who is quite involved in the corruption and giving a falsified to DOJ/DCI--however I did on one SGT who was the investigating officer and wrote the falsified report DOJ/DCI received. As he is retired Victim Resource could not interview him. I was told as a victim I must file a complaint against the SGT for DOJ to step in. Law Educator--what happens when DOJ/DCI is given a falsified report and Victim Resource is lied to by cops. As far as Lieutenant DOJ knows I have a 100% foundation to file a complaint report on him--but maybe I should wait--again what happens when DOJ/DCI is given a falsified report and Victim Resource is lied to by cops.
As he is retired -- meaning the SGT

Thank you for your reply.

If they are given a falsified report, you must first prove it false and you can do that in court as I said. The DOJ is a record keeping entity and I can say from trying to get them to investigate issues of massive false reports, not just one false report, they showed no interest and refused to investigate. So if you want to complain to them, they will take your complaint, but would not investigate most times.

I would suggest filing the civil suit against your ex and the two officers involved for the false police report, that only strengthens your case.

Thank You.

Thank you very much.

I already proved 100% falsified reports where given to DOJ and Victim Resource has this evidence--This is a Domestic Violence case--State Domestic Abuse is heavily involved and fight against re-victimization of the local Justice System against us victims, we are treated poorly--Victim Resource is also heavily involved Victims are treated poorly. What are your thoughts Victim Resource already did an action investigation on Deputy--Victim Resource stated they will send a cover letter of Deputies response and I must send to Victim Crime Rights Board -- I can't imagine Victim Rights Resource Center would stop the process. If Crime Victim Rights Board see illegal activity of Deputy, falsifying a report, felony, they would send evidence to proper state authorities. Equally at my request I can ask for an investigation by Crime Victims Board, next request a hearing, individuals would be subpoenaed-a determination will take place--a remedy would be sought improving protocol and procedures victims receive their victim rights Crime Victims Right Board can also pursue a Civil dollar remedy within the local District court system crimes occurred equal to my injury. And with all, my Ex's crimes will be reveled. DOJ Victim Rights Board stated to me in a ll the years she worked with DOJ never has she witnessed a cue like mine before.
Correction--DOJ, Victim Rights Resource Center stated to me in all the years she worked with DOJ never has she witnessed a case like mine before.
I must add--DOJ, Victim Rights Resource indirectly suggest I submit complaint reports--heavily on the SGT--I can not see them just let me hanging there alone, I have put myself in danger probable my Ex's retaliation added domestic abuse--and take no actions on their side to keep me, my girls safe.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand, but generally, you still need to file suit against this abuser and the police officers who covered for him personally and seek a civil judgment against them.

What happens when a person files four complaints against the Sheriff's Office--does not that become public news--awareness what has occurs. I live in a mid size town--local police Department reported an officer a few months ago who falsified one police report--DOJ and FBI presently came in to investigate
Not the Sheriff's Department I am dealing with--it's the local Police Department DOJ/FBI is investigating an officer who wrote a falsified report.I must add--I wrote what cops did to me to State Department of Human Service, Social Security Administration Office--Officials were quite defaming to my character--making me look incompetent, not to be believed allowing crimes o continue four weeks later I received a determination letter from SSDI Administration my medical condition as Severe PTSD and received a disability Check a few days later--it is unheard of anyone receiving disability due to Severe PTSD--what cops did to me was so brutal--my cases has been opened, corruptly closed three times--my journey is now going on five years--one falsified report I stated, recordings will prove--my Ex has guns, Deputy witnessed torn clothes--never put in Official reports. That is dreadful--always thinking how many victims like me not protected due to selective law.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are saying and as I said, you have grounds to sue in civil court and that really needs to be your next step here.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney