If u had slip and fall accident,are u entitled to a

Customer Question
settlement,if hurt on building premises...
If u had slip and fall accident,are u entitled to a settlement,if hurt on building premises
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/23/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, if a person was hurt/injured on the premises and it can be shown that the building was at fault, they could file a lawsuit and sue, for damages suffered. Now, a settlement typically happens when the parties want to avoid trial and can resolve this on their own, so an offer could be made, by either party, to resolve this, if they desire.

how much of settlement could i expect if out of work for 15 months,because of injury on job.

Every situation is different. It depends on the extent of the injuries, medical bills, etc. Now, if this was on the job you could have a workers compensation claim and sue the employer. You must speak with an attorney, who can look into the facts and see how strong of a case you have.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!