I pastor a small church in Alabama. The owner of the

Ma'am. I pastor a...

Ma'am. I pastor a small church in Alabama. The owner of the building leased it to us for 99 years. The question is should we put insurance on the building, it does not stipulate in the lease. We have it as of now along with content insurance, or is this a mater for the owner?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, it was something brought up in our business conference.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

9/23/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No the insurance here would pay the owner not the lease holder.It would not benefit you at all in the event of a total loss the owner might just keep the money.This is not a good investment for you.The church at some point should try to buy the building and then insurance makes sense.But now as a tenant it doesn't benefit you to have fire insurance. I would not spend the money here it will not benefit the church.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer

Have a great evening.

Ray, Lawyer