Is there a federal statute of limitations on Loss of Liberty…

Customer Question
Is there a federal...

Is there a federal statute of limitations on Loss of Liberty against a doctor for causing a patient to use all their time and money to care for an illness that the doctor has given to them, in addition to physical damage and extreme emotional distress?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

California, Mission Hills

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Not yet, only letter of notice to sue sent to them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say they found they did nothing wrong and time ran out for CA medmal suite

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

unfortunately medical malpractice is governed by state law, not federal.

CCP 340.5 states the statute of limitations is 1 year from the date of the malpractice OR the date that the plaintiff should have been aware of it by exercising due diligence.

Please see:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=CCP&sectionNum=340.5

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.