If you were convicted of a felony that was reduced below a…

Customer Question
If you were convicted...

If you were convicted of a felony that was reduced below a felony after three years of probation, have you ever been convicted of a felony for legal purposes?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Minnesota I don't know the exact name of the crime that was committed but it was prostitution with a person that was 16 or 17 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am asking for the purpose of potentially acquiring a liquor store. One of the restrictions seems to be convicted of a felony in the last five years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Okay.

It depends on how the question is worded, because for three years, until the case was reduced after your successful completion of probation, this offense showed as a felony on your record. So if the question on the application asks you "Were you ever convicted of a felony," the answer has to be yes. Make a note somewhere that it was reduced to a misdemeanor.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.