My storage unit at common st. Storage n lake, Louisiana what…

Customer Question
My storage unit at...

My storage unit at common st. Storage n lake Charles , Louisiana what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported to company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was two rings taken , 1 TV 42" flat screen , 1 small fridge apartment size

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was it broken into? Please explain what is going on?

I went by my unit and notice the lock was gone I a the only one with a key and the entire lock was gone I opened unit an& notice things was missing and items that don't belong that wasn't even mine I reported to office and they havent refunded me and I pay for insurance I also have clothing damage DVD missingpictures destroyed shoes taken

Thank you for your reply.

Have you reported this a burglary to the police as well?

They telling me they don't have my info on file

Thank you for your reply.

If you had insurance and your locker was broken into, then you have the right to sue the storage facility for the losses you incurred, as you paid for secure storage and insurance as well. You would need to take them to court, if the amount is less than $5000, you can sue in city court or justice of the peace court without any attorney.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.