I need to obtain a police report of a suicide that took

Customer Question
I need to obtain...

I need to obtain a police report of a suicide that took place in 2013

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

No lol

Lawyer's Assistant: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you? Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

My sister died in 2013 and there is suspected foul play

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't understand what you mean.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
It happened in Moore, Oklahoma
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Have you made a request to the police dept?

but they said I can't get the full report and to ask an attorney to request

Thank you for the additional information. My condolences for your loss.

Some police departments are easier to get reports from then others.

You should be able to make a freedom of information request and obtain the report without an attorney.

However, if they are saying you need to have an attorney submit the request then it may be faster to just retain counsel to put in the FOI request.

Once that is submitted, you should have the record within 30 days.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!