My mother, who I was living with a being her caregiver,

Customer Question
Good morning. my...

Good morning. my mother, who I was living with a being her caregiver, passed away on the 14th. I am not the executor on will, but I live in home now for next 6 months, then my sisters and I will sell home. questions: concerned about what to do with utility bills..should I just leave in my mothers name? do I have to tell them she passed away? I am living here, so need electiri and water...thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

South carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I just have last months bills. they are taken out of our joint account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just concerned about how to handle everything in home while I'm here, and am not the executor. my older sister is executor in Rochester ny

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question in this difficult time for your you and your family.

In law the utility bills need to be transferred to the new occupier of the home or where there is none into the executor's name.

While sometimes people do forget to transfer the bills the legally correct practice is to transfer the account.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require additional clarification or assistance.

In return please click on the rate expert now icon.

By rating my answer and response positively I get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

question: I and my mother were cosigned for car and car loan. can I just remove her name on loan and car and take it over. since I've been driving it?

This is a new question from your last.

The terms of service are that you should open up a new question thread for a new question.

I will be happy to assist once you have rated my previous response positively.

You do this by rating 5****, 4**** or accept; this will give me a credit for the previous question.

In relation to the new question , please put for attorney Bill in the caption so that it will be directed to me.

Thanks

Attorney Bill