How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 775
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you know California law as it relates to a dated, unpaid

This answer was rated:

Do you know California law as it relates to a dated, unpaid personal loan?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing filed or reported . it is a loan that is past due almost 3 years.
Stupidly i am still friends with them since he claims he will pay back. my question is would it help in anyway to get him to sign a fresh agreement acknowledging no payment to date?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: what is typical cost for reply?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: ok

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

No, it would not serve any purpose. However, if the original loan is unsecured, you may want to sign a new loan agreement that is secured by some collateral, if the other person is willing.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you tell me how i would go about getting a third trust deed on his property, if available?

If you wanted to loan to be secured by his property, you would need a new loan agreement secured by the property and have him execute a Deed of Trust on the property that would be subordinate to the First Deed of Trust and the Second Deed of Trust.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
perhaps an easier question is: what does he need to sign to give me a third td? can i do it without a title co involved?

A Deed of Trust is all he would need to sign.

You can click here to view the Sacramento Law Library's step-by-step guide and sample forms.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you forgot to ask if it is important that my unsecured loan to him was not signed by his wife. Would that pose a problem if he died?

You're very welcome.

No, it would not pose a problem. When a person dies, their debts and assets become the property and responsibility of their estate. Before the beneficiaries of the estate can receive their share, all outstanding debts must be satisfied.

Roy Hadavi and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! I'll pay and rate now

You're very welcome.
Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.