I am interested in finding out more about a Writ of Replevin…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in finding out more about a Writ of Replevin and see if it is the right course of action for me...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not currently. I recently settled in a county court on my father's estate and was told that regaining my personal property was a different matter, but was not told how to regain my belongings.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. The property I am trying to get back is stuff that I hold title or proof of ownership for, but some of my belongings are not items that hold titles or paperwork.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Since you settled the case, why are you not being allowed to retrieve your personal items?

Thank you for your cooperation.

You asked for more explanation........My father passed in Nov 2008, the will was probated in Jan 2009 with my step mother as executor. My father left me one third of a logging business which was located on my grandmother's property next to her home. I worked for the business all of my life (I am now 55) and had numerous items of my personal belongings on the business property and on a few other properties belonging to my father. After his death my step mother did not allow me to retrieve my belongings even though I submitted a list of my personal property along with documentation of ownership. We finally settled last month but I was told by the judge that my personal property was a civil matter and that is where I stand now. I just need to know what I need to do to get my stuff back.