Can hotels give out your stay and rate to anyone. Maryland.

Customer Question
Can hotels give out...

Can hotels give out your stay and rate to anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, one more question...can your employer contact the hotel to find out what your rate was when you stayed there even though it wasn't reserved through the employer

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Thank you

Unlike medical information, there is no law or statute that prevents the hotel from revealing that information to anyone that calls. Thy can't reveal your CC numbers or SS numbers, but they can release room rates, etc.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.